Psalm 27: 11-12
Teach me your way, O Lord…
Teach me… St. Ignatius of Loyola said there was a time when God “taught him like a schoolboy.
Can I be like that? Teachable like a schoolgirl? What if that were to happen in my prayer time? What
would that take?
- Come to school, to prayer, eager to learn.
- Show up on time; no playing hooky.
- Do my own homework.
- Be willing to wonder, to ask questions.
- Pay attention; notice things.
- Listen to the teacher; don’t interrupt or do all the talking myself.
- Bring what I need to study: books, paper, pen, etc.
- Sit where I can see and hear without distraction.
- Test my conclusions to see if I’m on the right track.
Help me to be teachable, Lord.
(c) 2018 Dr. Nancy Kate Dunkerley
HeartPaths Core Faculty
SMI Board of Directors